We have seen an increase in the need for protection against ransomware attacks or information loss. Disasters tend to happen and are often out of our control. Cloud backup websites have gotten very popular lately, and for good reason.
We need some type of backup in case our hard drives crash (which is not far from our everyday reality). It is very well known that hard drives and other hardware elements are becoming disposable. This means that they life usage is limited, and we must have a plan to face this type of damages.
It is important for companies and people
Cloud backup has become a very popular solution to this storage and data loss issues. However, not all solutions in the market work for all companies (and they not all have the same price for what they offer). Therefore, it is important to study all the different options to know which one suits your company better.
Today we bring you seven cloud backup websites so you can be prepared for such a disaster.
- $5 per month (500GB of storage)
- Customized storage
- Drag and drop interface
- Desktop application
- Manage all tasks with Sync administrator and Backup
- Slow upload speed
- Restoring isn’t as friendly
- Mobile version isn’t as optimized
- $20 per month (1TB of storage)
- Quick backup
- Easy to share file
- Fast upload speed
- Limit to upload files (2 GB)
- Very poor mobile app
- $20 per every extra 1000GB
- $50 per year
- Unlimited online backup
- Good security options
- Can be restored via mailed drive
- Unlimited USB backup
- Private encryption key
- No file explorer integration
- Just for one PC
- No free storage mode
- Basic mobile app
- $29 per month
- Great privacy features
- Unlimited computers per account
- Good design
- File sync
- Industry certitications
- Mobile app not as optimized
- $49.99 per year (250GB – 1PC)
- Amazing desktop interface
- Upload is fast
- File sync
- Ransomware protection
- No password protection (for shared files)
- Just for one PC
- $52.12 per year
- Great relationship price-features
- Easy to setup
- Folder sync
- File cleaning
- Backup of disk image
- One user, unlimited computers
- Performance isn’t the best, or the worst
- Limited storage for the price (5TB for the first year)
- $34 per month
- Recovery post-ransomware
- Remote access to files
- Unlimited storage space
- All backed up files are protected by an encryption key (256-bit)
- Cannot add your own password
- The basic version does not include external disks backup or local disks.
We know that there are other solutions that do similar things, and if you think that we left any important ones behind, please let us know in the comments.
We hope this article helped you to decide which site to use.
Thank you for reading this article! Feel free to share this on your social media and leave us some more ideas for future ones in the comments below.
See you next time!